Monday, June 23, 2008

Come play at my forums!

I've got new forums at my site thanks to my fabulous web site person. Yes, it does have places where I can tell you where to find me talking about my one book. lol And a news places so I can tell you if I ever sell another book. =)

BUT, there's also a recipe section so those of you with some really good recipes can post them there to share with me... er, everyone. lol There's a forum where you can talk about what you've been reading lately.

AND for my author friends, there's a forum just for promos, excerpts, announcements, blurbs, contests - you name it. You can post whenever you like. The best part? It's on my friend's server - not anything connected to Myspace - so your links are all safe from those pages where they tell you they saved you from phishing or some such. lol You know what I mean. They did that to the link to the buy page for my book at Red Sage. Phishing indeed.

I almost forgot, I've got one forum for writing progress. So if you're writing, even if you aren't published, come by and report what you did today. We'll keep each other motivated. =)

So take a look when you get a chance. http://laurenblades.com/phpBB3/

Thanks!

Lauren

4 comments:

Scarlet said...

I still have not gotten the chance to read Sophia yet but am so looking foward to it. We had a huge tree go down in our back yard before the holiday and I, thinking (I'm not sure what) Wanderwoman? Decided to pick up all loose branche and pile them up...I have a bad back and permanent nerve damage....so I was syuck in bed for 3 days...so embarassing, the 1st day I actually had ro call my neighbor to bring me my pills (which were downstairs)...guess where I was? Plus had to have her take out my dogs! Man am I glad I stopped sleeping in the nude!

Nancy Bristow said...

Hey Lauren...Just wanted to let you know that I loved your blurb on Sofia's Lobo and while I'm not one to buy a book for the cover...this one could go on my wall:)))

I signed up for a chance in the August contest for a copy of Secrets Vol. 23. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be giving away a copy of Sophia's Lobo but I gotta tell you...I'm a total fangirl of the Secret Volumes and happened to be missing just a few...including Vol. 23. I bought Vol. 24 the other day so I just need to fill in with 19-23. I own all the rest of them.

You may not believe this but as a general rule I hate anthologies...the Secret Volumes are a major exception:)

I'm a print junkie but may have to make an exception for Sofia's Lobo....Nancy:)

Lauren Blades said...

Scarlet, OMG are you okay? What a terrible thing to have happen. Let me know when you can if you're okay.

Lauren

Lauren Blades said...

Nancy,

Thanks for writing! That cover was done by Rae Monet and I was really happy with it. I'd be honored if you decided to give the story a try anyway. =)

Anyway, I've been giving away copies of Sofia's Lobo for the last three months and now I'm hoping for variety for you guys and to buy some time. I've got a couple of other stories being considered but until I have something else, it's hard to keep going over the same story. It's hard being new! LOL

I agree with you about many anthologies. But Red Sage is good. I was a big fan before I ever decided to write and still am. =) So I guess I'm also supporting them too.

What a wonderful note. Thanks so much for doing this!

Lauren