Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Next Week Sofia's Lobo is Coming!


My first ever release. My first novella. I'm excited! I'm happy!


I don't know what to do next! lol


I watch all of the other authors post and see how they do it. They can do that whole "dig me" or "look at me" thing. It all looks so effortless. lol I'm more like "I finally got here, please don't hurt me!"


What should I be doing? I've got the blog, and I really do enjoying blogging because I can imagine that you are all my good friends and I'm talking to you. I'm sharing with you what's going on in my head. I like MySpace too because I've met a lot of people I wouldn't have met otherwise. I started a yahoo group and you know, as of right now about 55 people felt sorry for me and joined. lol Most before I even offered the prize of a print copy of Secrets Volume 21 and a massage bar from Lush cosmetics. (Pssst, the link is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/laurenblades) lol



It's been a strange journey. I've been trying to writing for a little while. Last year I sent a story in to Red Sage and the stars were aligned just right or the editor felt sorry for me. I don't know. But by August, I'm told I've sold my first work.



I didn't know until a couple of weeks ago when it would come out and that's no criticism. I used the time between "guess what, you've sold" until now wisely. I've watched what other people do. I'm ready. I should be ready. Am I ready? lol



I'm scared too because obviously, the first thing you want to do as a successful writer is to have another release coming. I don't. I have two out there and have since early this year. No word yet. The gap between this and a potential follow up scares me. How do I keep any interest with one book? Do I do recipes? (I love to cook and I'm told I'm not bad at it. lol) Do I do free stories?



Do I give it up? lol

Happy Earth Day my friends! Have a good night!

Lauren

No comments: